If you’re injured, have gastrointestinal or tendon/ligament problems, or are having surgery, you may want to seriously consider the peptide BPC-157. It’s an extremely effective peptide that improves multiple ailments in men and women.
What is BPC-157?
BPC-157 (aka Body Protection Compound 157) is a peptide that was discovered in human gastric juice. It is made up of a chain of 15 amino acids.
If you aren’t familiar with peptides yet, they are simply short chains of amino acids (between 2 and 50) strung together. Anything more that 50 amino acids long is considered a protein. And these peptides perform certain functions in the body. They are often highly targeted and meant to regulate and direct your cells to carry out specific tasks in your body. For example, insulin is a peptide that facilitates the transport of glucose into your cells so it can be used for energy.
So Why All the Fuss Over This Peptide?
In the case of BPC-157, it is a peptide with several functions in the body. It has been shown to accelerate wound healing, and helps to repair tendon-to-bone and ligament damage. It also helps repair gastrointestinal tissue from problems such as ulcers and inflammatory bowel disease. It protects the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. It helps regulate the body’s serotonin and dopamine systems and protects and regenerates nerve cells. It has also been shown to help cure periodontal disease.
I often recommend BPC-157 to my patients who are having any sort of surgery as it helps reduce inflammation and accelerates wound healing as well as accelerates bone, tendon, ligament, and nerve repair. It also improves angiogenesis (new blood vessel growth) around damaged areas.
How Do I Take BPC-157?
BPC-157 can be taken either in a capsule or in a tiny subcutaneous (just under the skin) injection, depending upon what problem is being treated.
Subcutaneous injections with BPC-157 has been shown to:
- Accelerate wound healing (e.g. post-surgical wounds)
- Repair tendons and ligaments with greater speed
- Reverse the damage of chronic inflammation and oxidative damage
- Improve nerve regeneration
- Decrease neuro-inflammation (e.g. Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Improve bone healing
- Improve periodontal disease
- Decrease pain in injured areas
Oral BPC-157 has been shown to:
- Heal and protect you from gastric ulcers
- Protect and heal the wall of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. leaky gut)
- Decrease the effects of alcohol and NSAIDS on the stomach
- Heal the damage from inflammatory bowel disease
- Protect the liver from toxins (alcohol, antibiotics, etc.) and promote healing
And it’s extremely well tolerated and essentially free of side-effects.
In my practice I’ve been using this peptide more and more, and the feedback I receive is extremely positive. I actually had a spinal surgeon who had performed surgery on two of my patients and called to ask me what I was doing for them since their healing times were markedly improved. As well as feedback from many patients who have had marked improvement since taking BPC-157.